Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mommy Needs a Drink

Happy Wednesday!

Don't cha just love when things just don't go as planned?  It's no ones fault but my own.  
A little improper planning, hoping it wouldn't happen, and a "oh damn, 
is it already the last week in June", happened to me yesterday.  
My Nanny is on her one week paid vacation.  Yup, I said it.  
So I feel as if I'm that much closer to accepting it. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, days of caribbean bliss for her.  
Well deserved, of course.  But the pain is still there.  You may say, gosh, 
does she not want to keep her kids!  Well yes, of course I do!  That's the easy part.  
It's the rest of the holy hell I have to deal with that makes my stomach hurt just a smidge.  
It's day one.  I can do this.  I know I can.  I styled 6 women's hair today while 
my staff entertained my little ginger baby.  They polished her nails,  braided her hair,
 lollipops were definitely involved, and so was dancing!  She had a great time, 
and I think the staff had fun..........or at least they seemed too!

Piper and Zander have camp this week, thank the lord, just a little.  They had to be picked up at 12.  One in one place one in the other.  My manager went and got Piper.  My husband scooped up Zander.  I blew dry hair at what seemed like Trudy's on Steel Magnolias.   I came home with the baby girls for the first "half day" I have ever worked, for real, ever.  So now I'm sitting here, as the girls nap, writing to all of you.  So this is it.  Motherhood.  There isn't anything glamorous about it, but it sure is rewarding.  I love spending time with them, and always wish there could be more days like this.  
Bring it on.



These are the days, that I sure do miss my mom.   I knew what I was choosing when I became a working mom. I knew it would be hard, I knew it would be a lot of things, but when it's tough at times, your decisions and knowing your responsible for them doesn't make anything less hard.  She was a working mom, and she was amazing.  I respect her so much for all that she did, and admire her.  I thought she was crazier than hell when she was living though!  I sure wish I could tell her I've changed my mind, that I get it now.  That I know what it feels like to love your children and want to be there with them but none-the-less, kiss them every morning and tell them good bye.  Do I have to work, probably not.  Do I love what I do, yes.  Would I love to be with them too, yes.  It's a constant question in my head, that I have no right answer to.




I ask moms that stay home, do you wish you would've worked?  Most say yes.
I ask moms that worked, do you wish you would've stayed home?  Most say yes.
We are doing it all theses days, ladies.  It's all a compromise.  So guess what, I'm going to put my best foot forward and try to be as balanced as possible.  To pick and choose my battles, and try to enjoy every last minute of my time with them.  They are precious little beings, and definitely a lovely distraction!


image

image

Wish me luck, this week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment