Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What's Your Beaute Routine: Lindsey Cheek from Fifi Cheek and Poplin & Queen

Introducing Lindsey Cheek, of Fifi Cheek and Poplin and Queen. She is my dear friend and coveteur of fashion.  She inspires me daily through my blog and life in general.  She is one of my many lovely distractions.  Her regimen was somewhat created by me, lol, but I want you and myself to see her little secrets.


Hi Lovelies! My name is Lindsey Cheek and I write the blog Fifi Cheek and am the co-owner of the interior design + social media consulting firm, Poplin & Queen. When Elisha asked me to share my "beaute" routine, I have to admit, I was a little intimidated. She has been my beauty guru since I moved to Wilmington four years ago, and even though she has shown me dozens of times how to do certain beauty tricks, like blowing out my hair, I still don't have the hang of it. Nonetheless, after so many hours of sitting in her chair, I have come away with a few beaute tricks that stuck. 
Here is my daily beauty routine. 

6:30am: Wake up to my 6 month old daughter, Tilley-Gray. She's the light of my life, but since her arrival, my morning routine of long showers and curling irons has gone by the wayside. My new regimen takes me about 30 minutes, including a shower. 

I have to wash my hair every morning, so I take a shower as soon as I wake up. 
I have tried every shampoo and conditioner under the sun, but Kerastase shampoo and Bumble and Bumble conditioner are what work best for my hair. 
Elisha introduced me to the Clarisonic during my pregnancy when my skin a mess, and it has completely changed the texture of my skin. I have super sensitive skin, so I use Cetaphil in the mornings. 
I have dry skin and have just discovered EOS shaving cream. I love that it comes in a plastic bottle and doesn't leave rust stains in my shower. Kiehl's Creme de Corps body wash is great for dry skin as well and smells delightful. 


After I shower, I plug in my hot rollers and dry my hair. I have hair that has just enough curl in it to make it ugly, and the fiber lift from Shu Uemera calms it down  without making it flat. Some people may think it's hysterical that I roll my hair, but it takes about 5 minutes to do. I'm obsessed with hot rollers and actually rolled my hair minutes before I gave birth! (You can read about it here.)



My make-up routine is similar on most days. I love to switch up my eye make-up or lipstick, but these are my everyday products that I have found over the years. 

YSL's primer and base make my skin so smoothe. I'm amazed by how long they last!
I am obsessed with Jane Iredale's moonglow. It's easy to get carried away with it because it's so pretty. I use it on my check bones, nose, and collarbone. I love Bobbi Brown's cream blush in pale pink

YSL's in #19 is the perfect compact for day to night eyeshadow. When I was 18 years old, my boss at the time gave me YSL mascara as a Christmas gift and I haven't stopped wearing it since then. If I don't wear any other make-up, I'll always at least curl my lashes and put on YSL's touche eclat under my eyes. It takes about two seconds and is an instant eye opener. 

Lastly, Paul and Joe's lipstick in debutante is a color that I found last year and love. Jo Malone's perfume is understated and not too sweet. I keep rosebud salve in my purse and in the mornings, put it on my cuticles to keep them moisturized.  

I hope I make Elisha proud with the final product!  My hair and make-up lasts through my day full of  meetings and lunch dates with clients. 

Thanks so much to Elisha for having me share my beaute routine!
PS: I have a great giveaway going on over at my blog this week, so make sure you pop by and check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Love your routine! Now if you could just teach us bloggers how to roll hot curlers on your blog that would be fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I could guest blog a tutorial for Lindsey from Oh Beaute! We have lots of behind the scenes tricks of the trade that I'm dying to share!

      Delete
  2. I'm a hot roller girl, too! ;) I love the volume it adds. Recently I've been subbing out the hot rollers for the Hot Tools curling iron, which keeps curls in my hair all day. As a fellow naturally-curly haired gal, I know it's sort of crazy to dry my hair straight only to add curls back in again, but it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April.
      You could also curl your hair with the hot tools iron and pin curl it on top of your head. It cools itself down in the shape of a curl for the ultimate volume! If your not up for the challenge of pin curls you could also secure the curling iron curl with a velcro roller. I feel a tutorial coming on!

      Delete