Monday, June 25, 2012

Hotlanta

Girl Trip!

Happy Monday!  This weekend was a time of rest in Wilmington, NC.  
Atlanta wore me out.  
I've always heard that as you get older recovering becomes a bit of a problem, but dawg-on. 
 Here is a little recap of the trip.

It started out with a great flight from Wilmington to Atlanta.  
I found out the true meaning of Hotlanta!  It was so humid!  
girl

I thought it was bad at the beach,
but truly I should have packed a turban to cover my messy hair!

6 - Head Scarves and Hairstyles
image, turbans

We always try to pack light!

luxe travel

Upon arrival at the hotel we both agreed that shopping was first priority.
We hit Lennox Mall with a vengeance.


image
We started out the trip with a good deed.  When we checked into J.W. Marriot,
 we met a cute girl named Wendy.  She loved my shirt and asked where I got it.
Wendy didn't just love this shirt, she needed it!
I promised her if I saw Urban Outfitters, I'd buy her one.
Low and behold the first store we saw was Urban Outfitters.
I bought it for her, I couldn't wait to see her reaction!
Hopefully it's paid forward! 




I will have to say that good girl time, cures almost anything.  
I believe women are meant to talk, laugh, share, and cry.  
We did all of those things, plus some. 
 It was such a refreshing change to just "hang out".  
I learned that just because you work beside someone for a year and you "like" them, 
doesn't mean that you "know" them, 
or have really ever took just a minute to "enjoy" them.  
Tess's story is such a humbling but empowering one.  
I would love to share it with you, but it is not mine to tell.  
Maybe one day she can guest post from her blog that is still in the works.  
We learned on this trip that on a short flight to ATL crazy things can happen. 
 We didn't just talk about lipstick and heels this time.  We talked about making a difference.  
Before our plane landed, I had a call into the 
Congressman, the Mayor, and The House of Representatives!
Bitch don't play.

So very true.

After dropping off our good deed at the desk, (Wendy was gone for the day),
we rushed upstairs to get ready for the evening.  We were both famished!
Tess asked me, are you re-doing your make-up?  I looked at her like she had two heads!
 And she knew before it came out of her mouth that it was a silly question.
Public and barefaced are not two words that are usually used together in my world.  
Hers either for that matter!  We got it together in record time and headed out.


I can honestly say, I would be just fine, if I never-ever-ever, see another french martini!

How to make a French Martini

Twist is a local hotspot in the Buckhead area.
 I will say our service was impeccable, and the manger was so nice.
He gave us his recommendations, and we took all of them!


Twist, Phipps, Atlanta

 We ordered the Mac and Cheese(to die for),
Ahi Tuna Pizza(so,so)
Tempura Shrimp(Ahmazing!)
Watermelon, Prosciutto, and Feta ( this was our absolute favorite!)


We actually squeezed some work in too!
Yves Saint Laurent launched their fall collection, and we got to feel, see, and try it! 
Inspired by the look off the runway, Loyd hit it out of the park yet again.  
This mascara is absolutely amazing with any skin tone.  
We tried this with a pretty vamp lip, the results were out-of-this-world pretty.  
I'm blued eyed and Tess is brown eyed.  It was truly pretty on us both.  
I hate to wish away my summer months, but fall is calling my name.......  

YSL Fall 2012 Collection. I really like the nail polish and the mascara
image

Being inspired is a must when you are creative!  It was fun to put down the blowdryer and the laptop for a minute and just enjoy life.  Two days is sometimes all it takes.  Hopefully today because of those two days I will have a gold nugget of experience that will take me through a lifetime. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made a mistake so I had to delete the first comment. Here it goes again.

    Best post yet!! Loved it!!! Smiled, laughed and left me wanting more. Love ya! {mean it!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Twist! Buckhead is a lot of fun, and there is some decent night life here in midtown as well. There's nothing like having a little girl's trip to take the edge off life. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete