Thursday, May 24, 2012

"What's Your Beaute Routine?" Series: My Morning Routine

 Now that I have shared my nightly routine, I want to share my morning regimen. 
Barefaced, not my favorite look by far.  I take the "no make-up" look very seriously.  Actually so seriously, I rarely try it at all. I mean, why would I?  It only takes me about 20 minutes for my morning regimen—and yes, I DO do it every time I leave the house—even to get the mail!  I’ll bet Gwyneth, Brooklyn, Katherine, and Renee  all wish they’d bothered to do so too!
bare vs. glam

Gwyneth Paltrow

Brooklyn Decker

Kim Kardashian


Katherine Heigl


Renne Zellweger


While doing this post I started feeling a little self conscious about sharing the "real"me.  So I started googling other bare faced girls to do a comparison, to make myself feel better.  Shallow you may say, but necessary.  And I feel better bare, but not perfect.  Perfectly imperfect actually.  
Beaute for thought: (I've been doing my homework)

  33 percent of women won’t leave the house without makeup…
60 percent won’t go to the office without makeup
10 percent won’t let their partner see them without makeup
Nearly 50 percent of women say they feel better with a full face of makeup
and 25 percent are convinced that if they didn’t wear it, they’d be passed over for a promotion
(via)
Need I say more...........lets get this day started!


First, I take my hair down from the night before and brush all of the knots out with my Mason Pearson brush. It's the best brush for any type of hair, but especially someone with extensions. 

From there, I use my solano blow dryer to directionally blow dry my hair to give it volume. 

I use my  gold n hot curling iron to do base curls, curling away from my face. 

I then pin my hair with duck clips, curling away from my face. 

For make-up, my first step is becca primer, followed by YSL  teint radiance #7 foundation. 

Next, I use Nars "Laguna" bronzer, followed by  YSL's Touché éclat #2, red bull in a tube.

I line my eyelid, under the top lid with my favorite Jane Iredale pencil

My shadow go-to is  Jane Iredale's Oyster  Supernova .  I brush the oyster not the entire lid and the supernova in the crease. 

YSL makes the best mascara, Shocking Faus Cils #1. 

Becca lip liner is one of my favorites, because it is a liner and highlighter in one. 

I take the duckbill clips out and then brush out curls.

I use Bumble & Bumble hair powder to add volume. It's a dry shampoo that gives my fine hair a ton of texture and "grip", like  hair spray but way better. In a pinch, my motto is, 
"Powder what shows, wash what stinks."

In less than 20 minutes, voila

Do you want to share your morning routine? I would love to showcase you, your favorite tips, and favorite products! Email me here to learn more!

1 comment:

  1. Your motto is awesome. Love this post! Thanks for being brave and sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete