Friday, May 11, 2012

Remembering Momma on Mother's Day


 My momma said:
Has anyone ever told you that you looked exactly like your mother? Or that you sound like her? Or that they wished your mom was still living because she is the only one that could get away with spanking you as a grown woman. Well, I have. And I still think about her everyday in my work, in my beauty regimen, in my family, and in my sleep. Our mom’s paved the path of beauty for all of us andit’s time we listen. 
Some of my mom's beauty advice that I use daily consisted of:

 Use lotion everyday, the unscented kind that doesn’t overpower your perfume.
 Wear lipstick and heels regardless and you’ll never be under dressed.
 Always wear concealer, even if you have time for nothing else.
 Put your hair up, it makes everyone’s face look thinner
When you feel old or gross, cut your hair. That’s what they always do on make-over shows.

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”
Audrey Hepburn

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet. You do look so much like your mom. I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete