Monday, May 28, 2012

Life's Little Moments

My friend is moving today. 
Me and Steven at the Garden Party
 I remember the first time I met him was over the phone.   We were put in touch through a friend that said we absolutely had to meet.  We talked on the phone for 15 minutes, and it would've been completely overwhelming for anyone but us.  The thing that sticks out in my mind the most is when he said"there is enough room for lots of stars in the sky, it makes it shine brighter". I won't ever forget that.  It has created a unity in my heart with other people, a peace of mind to compete with myself not others.  
Etsy, Mesa Dreams
This reminds me of him because to some it may appear that he is a wanderer, but he's not, he is just enjoying the view.   He knows exactly what he wants, we just have to wait for his moment.
 He taught me to not be afraid of anything, it will work itself out, to stand up for what I believe in, and that only I am responsible for my own energy, no one can take that from me.
He taught me that if I need to change something then I should.  
He taught me how to spell "tomorrow", too. I always struggled with that word, lol.  
He taught me that everyone deserves one bad day,
 but there is no tolerance for two in a row.  
He left me with a peace, a peace that when times get tough, 
strike a yoga pose, no matter who is watching.
To lay on my back, kick up my feet, and drink a glass of wine.  
Sometimes two. 
 Sometimes three.

Quote from Julia Roberts and Richard Gere in Pretty Woman, reminded me after one night of talking #'s. 
He showed me how to hang out the window unashamed and scream what you believe, 
even if its just to say I love you.
He reminded me what it's like to have to hide to talk on the phone, because we simply couldn't stand to say goodnight, and if our husbands heard us, we'd get yelled at.  Ridiculous.
He encouraged me to care enough to vote, it directly affects me, when it affects those that I love, 
even if it means getting jury duty.
He proved to me that $$ helps but it isn't the end all be all.
He explained to me that there a lot of people outside of the south that have never heard of the "bees knees", and it truly doesn't make sense anyway. 
He reminded me what it was like to have a friend again, it had been a long time since I let anyone in.  
For that I am forever grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment