Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chic Chat: the Met Gala

The Met Gala, one of fashion's biggest nights, was on Monday night. Not only do the models, celebrities, and socialites bring their best fashion to this event, hair and beauty trends are also set that night. 
Yesterday on z107.5 Chic Chat, I spoke about some of my favorites looks from the Met Gala. 


Coco Rochas took a fashion risk in a vintage Givenchy pants suit that is rumored to have once belonged to Elizabeth Taylor. She matched the ends of her hair with the fuchsia top. Fashion statement or faux pas? I loved the idea of it, but would have loved the look if the extensions would have faded into a light pink instead of the fushia. We offer extensions at the salon so you can achieve a similar look. It may not be an everyday look, but for a fun event or a weekend away, pink, or any other color hair,  can be fabulous!

One of my current favorite hairstyles in the top knot. Rosie Huntington Whiteley looked gorgeous in this hairstyle. I also love that her eye make-up was fierce while she kept the rest of her make-up palette clean and soft. 

As I mentioned on Chic Chat, I wore this hairstyle to an event on Friday night. It's a look that has to be worn with confidence, and although it was out of my norm, I loved it!

Camilla Belle looked like old school Hollywood royalty in the vamp look. 
From the hair, to the make-up, to the gown, she was at the top of my best dressed list. 
Her look is right on spot with YSL's new Summer lookbook which we just got in at Blush. The lips are dark, the eyebrows are strong, and the skin is clean and glowing. Not so sure you can pull off a dark lip? Come in and we will match the right color for your skin tone!

Did you all watch the Met Gala? 
Who is at the top of your best dressed and best beauty list? 

1 comment:

  1. Loved Camilla Belle and Coco Rochas too! And your topknot is fierce.

    ReplyDelete