Monday, April 9, 2012

Garden Party

Each April, a full week of beautiful flowers, entertainment, galas, family events, and Southern hospitality come together for the North Carolina Azalea Festival!
 Six years ago, I got engaged the morning of the most popular event, The Garden Party. Lee proposed at 7am that morning. The ribbon cutting was at my boss's house and was a whirlwind of hosting and showing my diamond off. By the time the party started at 11am I was standing at the gates to Airlie Gardens thanking everyone for coming to my party!!! That is why you shouldn't pop a bottle of Dom before breakfast! 
Six years and three kids later, Lee and I still look forward to going to the Garden Party every year. It's a fashion show as much as a social event, which is one of the many reasons I love it so much!

This year, I am wearing a Rebecca Taylor dress from Spring 2011. I haven't worn it yet (it still has the tags on it), and I am really looking forward to finally wearing this dress!


A hat is a must at the Garden Party and I am so excited about wearing my Polly Singer fascinator hat. Because the dress and the hat are so bold, I'm going neutral on the shoes and the earrings.  

The foundation to any good outfit is great hair and pretty make-up. To compliment the orange dress, I'm going with a bold lip in  YSL's Rouge Pur Couture in soft fuchsia. To accentuate my eyes, Paul and Joe's color palette will be a soft palette to compliment the bold lip, and then of course, YSL's shocking mascara is a must! The hair will be poker straight parted on the side for a dramatic contrast for the fascinator. 


You can find all of these items at my store, Blush

1 comment:

  1. I love your engagement story! You're going to look fabulous on Friday. Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete