Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mommy, Are you Vintage?

Almost five years ago, I promised my unborn baby boy that I wouldn't work forever.  That it would just be for a little while.  Today was the first of many Monday's off since that promise.  He starts year round  kindergarden next week.  I am proud to have set an example for him, through perseverance hard work truly pays off, but that doesn't change the fact that he is growing up.  I must say he is precious.  Our very first Monday we spent looking for treasure.  
We found a bunch of great things.  
We also met a few special people. 
 The lady above gave Zander a homemade cookie.  It was love at first sight.  He asked her why she had so many old things, and she explained to him that one person's junk may be another's treasure.  He asked her if she was old.  She answered him yes, he said, "well, you sure are pretty, even if your old".  I'm not sure which on of us loved him more at that moment.
Zander loved this store because it had a lot of cowboy stuff.  The staging person from Jennifer Aniston's new movie was there shopping for horse stuff too.  Pissed him off, he didn't know Jennifer and the lady was taking all his western stuff.  This is when he asked me what was vintage.  I said it's when things are very old but still special.  
He said, "Mommy, are you vintage", 
everyone at the register got a laugh at that one.

I'm the type that likes to buy two for me, one for someone else, two for me, you get the idea.  I couldn't leave without this little baubles.  I spent a total of $32.00.  The green ones are my fave.  



8 comments:

  1. Haha- Zander so cute! Sounds like you might have met Beth Giles today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!!! Thanks for sharing. Love the earring. {my fav are the pearls} Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, I sported the all gold today! You know you can borrow them.....

      Delete
  3. Zander's words to the beautiful lady were priceless. Made me want to cry. Your mom would have told that story over and over. You obviously have done an outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! He is a doll, mom would have been a huge fan, I sure am.

      Delete
  4. wonderful story! Zander's a cutie and what a sweetie he is!! :)

    ReplyDelete